Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sorry so much to do!!


Thank you all for the lovely comments. Sorry I've been gone for so long I was applying to GW and finding it difficult to do from Croatia. Let me tell you sending a fax normally drives me crazy. Add a few country codes and my head almost exploded. The amount of documentation needed to transfer schools is absurd; of cores all of it needed to be signed by me as well (hence the faxing). I think people make it to hard just to weed out the weak and the faint of heart.

To answer your question Tom, yes I am trying to learn Croatian and it has its ups and downs. It uses the Roman alphabet and is phonetic once you figure out what sounds the letters make. There are only 30 letters in the alphabet but each letter is pronounced separately and there are a few letters variations (Č Ć DŽ Đ LJ Š Ž).

2 comments:

  1. Well I hope us AMericans are giving a cheer!! Applying to a US UNI from the Balkans is no small feat. Particularly if the lovely warm waters of the adriatic are calling....
    How do I sign up so that I get a notice when new stuff appears on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll show you how to put it in your Google Reader

    ReplyDelete